Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just When We Thought It Was Over...

Well, my friends, recently we had a "passing of the torch" experience at the Imbler household. Many of you know and have seen first-hand our First Born parading around in this little number for months. After nearly 7 months of daily wear the dress went into hiding. (When Luke put it away I thought "finally!!! the dress stage is over!). This was wishful thinking! Jakey, who up to this point had been more than resistant to Luke's continuous pressure to dress up has now for some unknown reason embraced and adopted the dress (sans glitter shoes thank goodness!)!
Let the saga rear its dirty little head again!


Impulse Buy Gone Right!
I have a few guilty pleasures in life...one of them is impulse buys for my kids - a couple bucks here, couple bucks there no biggie. However, about 3 months ago in ToysRUs Jake latched on to this $25.00 momma panda and cub. When I actually tried the illogical, ridiculous, no-win, what-are-you-thinking attempt to reason with a 2yr old and inform him I had no intention of buying ANOTHER stuffed animal, a LARGE one AND one that costs $25.00 the inevitable drama began to unfold at the check out counter.

Bottom line, I cracked, caved, I GAVE IN! Yes, it's true I just didn't want to deal (go ahead, say it...PUSHOVER, SUCKER, WEAK, STUPID, come on I can take it!!!) Well, I am hear to tell you that not all sucker purchases end up living in a closet or at Goodwill shortly after coming home.

Panda has been a unexpected companion to Jake. She's not a constant companion but Jake finds quality time for his little black and white friend. It began when Jake lugged her into the car on his first week of school. I was expecting she'd wait in the car til after school but Jake had other plans. He drug Panda all the way through campus down the outdoor dirty cement hall to his classroom. And drug her all the way back to the car when I picked him up 4 hrs later.

In this picture Panda is getting her fur combed (with Jake's comb). Hygiene must be one of Jake's priorities because Panda has received two outdoor baths (compliments of his owner) as well as good nutrition. Today for breakfast (at her own seat at the table of course) Panda enjoyed a hearty meal of Trix, toast, bacon and a banana.

I could gobble this kid up!!






No comments: