Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall...my favorite season!


In Ventura, like most places in So. Ca we don't get to experience much Fall weather. But fortunately for us the lone tree in the front yard generously showers a portion of the lawn with gorgeous hues of Fall.

I couldn't let my favorite season go by without being a little crafty and bringing some of this awesome color indoors. So I made this wreath by recruiting the boys to gather as many leaves as possible, then wound a metal clothes hanger into a circle and wrapped each leaf around the hanger with copper wire. As you can see from the picture (which I took the day after I made it) it's already quite brittle. Oh, well, it'll be a one-season decoration for us to enjoy!

Project #2

Gravity hasn't been kind to our scarecrow who dons moms old duds. She's fit & trim in some places yet the fat still finds a way to her belly...poor dear! Based on her expression I think she's pretty peeved about it too...aren't we all!!!

Her frame is made of white PVC piping - basically looks like a big cross with twine tying the poles together. Brad came home from work to find me holding the "cross" in the front room. Let's just say the look on his face could be described as concern and suspicion. He was relieved to learn that the project was in its initial stages and I wasn't running off to join a cult!

****
IronMan & Vernon at a local trunk-or-treat church event

No comments: