Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It Takes So Little...

It was a sad day recently when my beloved Longs Drugs sold out to CVS. It is no longer the shopping mecca I had come to love. Not only was Longs conveniently located from our house but they had everything I needed. I've purchased food, gifts, toys, make-up, household items, decorations, toiletries, etc. and I confess with a hint of embarrassment that I had also purchased clothing (yes, sweats) from Longs, which I actually like, thank you very much.

But all things must change so I'm trying to be open-minded about this "major shift in my life" and learning to embrace CVS.


THIS IS MY STORY...

With a mission to develop a relationship I headed over to CVS Saturday morning to pick up some pictures and milk. A few minutes later I mysteriously found myself in the Beauty section and within 30 minutes had accumulated a healthy dose of goodies promising to make me look younger, prettier and less wrinkly (plus some tasty treats "for the boys" I couldn't resist at the counter). But the BEST part was Revlon was having a buy one get one free sale AND I had a $10 off coupon. I came home and slapped on all that goodness to find that I don't really look any younger, prettier or less wrinkly but you know what, it was so much fun paroozin' and I'll confide in you....
it's no Longs Drugs but I think I'm falling for CVS.


1 comment:

Jen said...

Aww, don't be selling out on good ol' Longs (how long have we shared our love for Longs?)...even my husband complains about CVS, which means it's pretty bad.