Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fishing at Foster Park

We headed to Foster Park last week to throw stones in the river and have a picnic. That was the plan at least. But the water was barely running so the boys "fished" (for algae growing on the surface!).

The picnic plan was also modified due to the stray dog that had been hanging out with us for the past hour whom we were loading into our car. No worries, it didn't last long. Luke freaked when the dog stuck his head through the dog gate and licked him. So being the compassionate soul that I am I opened the back hatch and said "good luck, Dog" and off we went.

The "unfortunate" part (really now, go with me) was when we got home Luke was sobbing (crocodile tears and all) that the dog would not find his mommy...and it was his fault we didn't bring the dog home! Poor guy, broke my heart! But we talked and prayed about it and then he was better. I was ready to drive back to Ojai to get/look for the dang dog...thankfully Luke was comfortable "knowing" the doggie had found his mommy.
SO, we picnicked at home...in front of t.v. = kids haven!


First Catch of the Day!
My fish is bigger than your fish!!
It was definitely a competitive day of fishing!

This stupid picture cracks me up! I so wish you could hear Luke. He's all bitter that his brother got slime on him while they were "painting" the rock.

Anyone interested in a "whine-off"? Bring it! Luke Imbler is the reigning champion!

That however, is not the part that makes me laugh...look at Jake's expression...he doesn't give a rip, he seriously doesn't care and Luke is so bent out of shape about this situation. You can't help but laugh! Sweet brotherly love!

No comments: