Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys...

Received a phone call this afternoon from a dear friend in Wi today. I couldn't believe it, the last 10 minutes or so of our conversation was miraculously uninterrupted. However, I heard wild giggles and laughter coming from Jake's room which only meant one thing...TROUBLE!

THIS is what I walked into!
And if you were wondering, YES, Jake had clothes on when I got on the phone. I guess he must've felt restricted in the chaos!

They PROUDLY cleared out every single article of clothing and bedding from the dresser AS WELL AS an entire box of wipes strewn throughout the room...some even landed on top of a picture on the wall! So I did get about 10 minutes of uninterrupted, adult phone conversation but I had to pay for it by spending about 20 minutes motivating/disciplining/coercing my little men to clean up their mess AND put some clothes on.

I have a picture of me with a similar headdress when I was about Luke's age. I'll have to hunt it down to compare...he looks a lot like I did in this pic.



And only two days earlier this happened....
I was in Luke's room (right next to Jake's) painting and trying to motor through. After a few minutes of hysterical laughter and lots of loud thumps I decided I'd better check things out. Here it is... I did get a good portion of Luke's room painted while they "entertained" themselves and managed not to break anything (body or otherwise).

Good Ol' Mom Mantra...."Pick your battles!!"

1 comment:

Julia Fortunati said...

This is the funniest thing ever! I am so glad you are recording all these funny stories. Its the best of times. Boys will be boys. LOL