Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tooth Fairy

For some reason, unbeknownst to me the past few months Luke has been intrigued by the Tooth Fairy and is eagerly anticipating her or his (as he's minorly convinced "she" is a he) arrival. I have explained that it will be several more years before he loses his baby teeth but to no avail.

In desperation to be in the "lose tooth club" Luke has resorted to breaking a piece of Styrofoam into teeth-size pieces and hiding them under his pillow at night. The 1st night of this ritual he put one piece under his pillow and squealed with delight when he discovered it was gone in the morning. So, before he was struck with the disappointing reality that it was indeed still there I jumped out of bed to find the "tooth" stuck to his flannel sheets and snagged it!

The 2nd night the babysitter put the boys to bed and informed me that there was a small "anthill" of Styrofoam stashed there. Thanks for the heads up, Taylor! So I swooped in, scooped a handful out, threw it in the trasth and went to bed. In the morning my dear boy was was once again pleasantly surprised he had tricked the Tooth Fairy.

Last night I decided to nip this in the bud. I wrote a note with a big picture of the tooth, it went something like this..."Luke, You tricked me again Silly Boy! I'll be back when you start losing your "real" teeth, til then be on your best behavior and no more jokes!" He thought that was the greatest - that he tricked her/him.

Well, as cute and fun as this was I'm glad this is done, one less "ritual" I have to remember do at night!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

that is such a cute story. Funny, a friend of ours who has a to-be 3 year old girl has also been obsessed with the tooth fairy, so much that she is having a "Tooth Fairy Party" for her birthday in two weeks...